Without a doubt, making a gift yourself makes it more thoughtful. Somehow, it’s always more meaningful when the gift isn’t simply pulled off a shelf. Though it’s definitely more time consuming, it’s definitely worth the time and effort. If you are wondering how to use your skills to DIY the perfect baby shower gifts, the below tips are exclusively for you…!
- Your organizing skills – most baby showers are planned as a surprise for the expectant mother or both parents. If you are particularly good at organizing, or even event planning, then you can organize the baby shower on their behalf. If this is already taken care of, then you can even lend your skills for organizing, when it comes to organizing those chaotic few days before and after the baby is born.
- Your sewing skills – If your “special power” comes to light with needle and thread, then your skills can be put to plenty of use; especially when it comes to DIYing a gift for the baby shower. From baby and maternity clothes to blankets, personalized pillow covers to even personalized diaper holders, you can let your imagination loose. If time is standing against you, consider buying a plain baby products shopping http://rainbowcc.com.hk/index.php?lang=en&p=, and then enhance it with your sewing skills.
- Your crocheting skills – if your skills lean more towards the crocheting hook rather than the sewing needle, then you can still put your skills to work. Again, if you like, you could do the clothes or the baby room accessories. For that you can once more use those baby products online to shorten your working time. But apart from this, you can even DIY crocheted plushies for the baby; projects that will take less time.
- Your photography skills – if you are a skilled photographer, no doubt you’d like to use your skills and transform it into a gift. And the great news is that you can definitely make thoughtful and cute gifts through this skill! To do so, you can volunteer to be the “official photographer” for the baby shower, offer your skills for a maternity shoot, or even do the same for a new born photoshoot. Throw in a cute album, and you’re set to go.
- Your furniture making skills – are you handy with your hands? Do your specialties run with wood and furniture making? If you’re wondering if this skill can be used to DIY a baby shower gift, then the answer is a definite yes. Personalized cots, nursery rocking chairs, baby cabinets and drawers and even personalized changing tables; your options are plentiful. Find a project that will suit your time and skills.